Régua - Vale do Côa - Régua Cruise
Cruise between Régua and Pocinho, with Visit to a Museum and return by private bus
Board on a journey into Portuguese culture: enjoy a sublime cruise between Régua and Pocinho, with breakfast and lunch on board , and visit the famous Vale do Côa Museum , where you can learn more about the rock engravings found in the Douro. The return will be made by private bus. Book your spot!
- Passengers board at Régua Pier (time to be indicated when booking)
- Beginning of the cruise to Pocinho
- Breakfast served on board
- Passage through the Bagaúste Dam (28m difference in level)
- Expected arrival at Pinhão
- Passage through the Valeira Dam (33m difference in level)
- Port wine aperitif and lunch served on board
- Passage through Pocinho Dam (22m difference in level)
- Expected arrival at Pocinho Pier
- Disembarking of passengers
- Transfer by private bus, accompanied by the boarding assistant
- Visit to the Vale do Côa Museum
- Start of the journey back to Régua by private bus
- Expected Arrival at Régua
- End of our services
JULY: 3, 24, 30
AUGUST: 2, 8
SEPTEMBER: 2, 9, 18, 24
- The boarding assistant will accompany the group throughout the journey.
- Due to the closure of the Douro dams for maintenance and weather conditions, this cruise takes place between the months of May and mid-October.
The Côa Valley is located on the banks of the Côa River, in the mountains of northeastern Portugal. This is one of the most charismatic rivers in our country, being one of the largest tributaries of the Douro River. Art panels with rock engravings originating from the Upper Paleolithic are stretched on these shisty rock shores, which have survived to the present day. It is an incredible open-air museum, considered one of the largest in Europe and in the open.
So, we set out to discover this hidden Douro. On a cruise departing from Régua, we sail through some of the most beautiful landscapes of the Douro River, which alternate between robust terraced vineyards and wild hills. Imposing and vibrant, we can see why these landscapes have been considered a World Heritage Site.
Arriving at Pocinho, we head towards the famous Vale do Côa Museum, to learn more about the artistic heritage of this valley, through replicas of the original engravings and interactive information. Time to admire the incredible view over the Côa River, before returning to Pocinho for a sublime train journey to Régua. Come with us!