Porto - Régua - Porto (downstream) Cruise
Go to Régua by Train and Downstream back to Porto
Discover the Douro, on one of the most beautiful cruises in the Region . Depart from São Bento Train Station, in Porto, and travel by train to the heart of the Douro. Once in Régua, board on a wonderful cruise that will bring you back to the City of Porto. This program also includes lunch on board . Book your spot now!
- Meeting at the Main Hall of São Bento Station, next to the schedule board
- Delivery of train tickets
- Beginning of the trip to Régua
- Arrival at Régua Train Station
- Group walks with the baording assistant to Régua Pier and boarding begins
- Beginning of the cruise to Porto
- Passage through the Carrapatelo Dam (35m difference in level)
- Lunch served on board
- Passage through Crestuma-Lever Dam (14m difference in level)
- Expected arrival in Porto (time and pier to be indicated when booking)
- End of our services
Start: 08:00 a.m
Return: 5:30 p.m
Start: 7:45 || 8:30 a.m
Return: 6:00 p.m
Start: 7:45 || 8:30 a.m
Return: 6:30 p.m
- Departure time between March and April: 8:30 a.m.
- Departure time between May and October: 7:45 a.m.
- For the train trip, tickets will be delivered on the day of the cruise by our boarding assistant, who will be in the main hall of São Bento Station, next to the schedule board, duly identified
- The boarding assistant will accompany the group throughout the journey.
- It is possible to book the Régua-Porto cruise, without traveling by train to Régua. In this case, we will make the due adjustment to the final price.
- Due to the closure of the Douro dams for maintenance and weather conditions, this cruise only takes place between the months of April and December
This is one of the most acclaimed cruises in the Douro. Régua Pier is the first stop for boats departing from Porto, which is one of the main reasons for it being so popular.
Régua (or Peso da Régua in its official name) is considered the “engine of the Douro” and has played a leading role in the development of the region. In the past, it was from this pier that the barrels of Port Wine were transported in Rabelo Boats to Vila Nova de Gaia, near Porto. Enjoy the walk to the pier and admire the beauty of one of the most emblematic places in the Region.
On this cruise you will be able to enjoy incredible landscapes that will surprise you: small clusters that grew up next to Rio, green and more urban landscapes that dazzle us, small vineyards cultivated in terraces on the slopes next to the Douro River. In addition, you will enjoy a sublime train journey, combining two experiences in a single program!